1) When the cop finally got her out of her vehicle, why did he instruct her to stand where he told her stand. At first pass the average person would say, so they won’t be in the street, and they could avoid traffic, sounds legit.
But now juxtapose that with your own experience or those that you’ve witnessed and you’ll realize that most, upwards of 95% of the time when a police takes you out of your car, they instruct you to stand at the back of your vehicle.
This cop deliberately instructed her to stand in an area where the police camera could not see exactly what was going on. When she moved to put her phone on the car he made sure he told her to come back to the area where the camera couldn’t see what was going on and he searched her off camera. Had he done like most cops and told her to stand at the back of the vehicle, everything would have been on tape.
So he knew exactly what he was doing, making sure that his actions were off camera but in a position where he could be heard! Notice where he is standing, with her just out of the view of the camera, then by the time he throws her down they are both outside of the camera view!
2) If the tape was not doctored or edited like the officers claimed, then why do we have continuous audio overlay. A glitch in the upload of the footage that results in looping of the film would have looped the audio also. There is no possible way for the audio to play straight through while the actual video footage glitches, if they are on the same file. The only way for the audio to play straight through is for it to be on a different file which means that you would need video editing software to separate the video from the audio.
So the software glitch story is fabricated, thus once again proving that something outside the ordinary happened that they are trying to cover up!
3) A News source reported that she was found in a semi standing position. Yes you read that right, semi-standing
This means that she supposedly hung herself by leaning over until she died. What they’re trying to tell us is that her will to live, the strongest urge of any living creature wasn’t there in any capacity, because all she had to do was stand up and she would have lived. Then all of a sudden they come out with a story that she told the arresting officers that she attempted suicide a few months earlier. Which by the way means that the officers should have put her on 24 suicide watch, which means that they should have taken any and everything out of her cell that she could use to harm herself. Which means that there should not have been a plastic garbage bag in the cell. They are at the very least complicit in her suicide for allowing those objects to be in a jail cell with her. And let’s be clear here, no one, and I mean no one has ever used a plastic bag to hang themselves, ever. If a plastic bag is used, the individual always puts the bag over there head and suffocates to death!
4) The media showed a garbage can during the spot and said that the plastic bag was similar to the one seen in the picture. Thus helping to create a narrative that made it seem like the the garbage can and bag were the ones in the cell with her, and that the the garbage bag was big enough to kill herself with!
5) In the footage that shows the paramedics rushing to her cell, something struck me as strange. The cell that was directly in front of the camera was empty, but they had her in a cell in a dark corner where she was once again conveniently out of camera range. Which once again begs the question, why put her in that corner where they knew no footage could be taken of what went on? Notice the empty cell, why don’t they have garbage cans in this one!
6) If they have footage from inside the station of the paramedics coming in to try to save her, then that means that they should also have footage of everything else that transpired in the that area from when she was put in the cell up until the paramedics wheeled her away dead. And they also said that the footage doesn’t show anyone going into the cell that morning but they haven’t released any of that footage.
But guess what, they already have their lie in place for when they say that the footage is messed up or gone, remember the glitch from uploading the dash cam footage, it’s already in play!
7) And lastly where’s the dash cam footage from the second officer on the scene, the lights were on so why hasn’t that footage been released! The second car had arrived on the scene before the this was taken, but if you listen to the first video put out, you can hear when the second car arrived and the lights were on in this video, which means that the dash cam should have been activated in the second car also!
So as I sit here thinking about the fact that I found 7 reasons why there’s a problem with this story and I’m not a crime scene investigator or a lawyer, I have to believe that the justice department has noticed these things also, and are preparing to look into the death of Sandra Bland. Another Black face in this every growing collage of Black men and women who died in the custody of those who swore an oath to serve and protect!
If you think that I have valid points and that the justice department should investigate this incident, please share this with your friends and family and call for justice for Sandra Bland.
For some time I’ve considered writing a post about this but never found the motivation to actually sit down and start writing, but the other day after addressing a post on Facebook and getting the typical response from so called “conscious” black dudes, I decided to finally pen this post.
So here’s the thing, Black people in this Country, the United States of America, have no true identity! We are the homeless, we are the disenfranchised, we are downtrodden, the oppressed! We seek to belong to something greater than this existence that we have right now in this place, in this space and time. We long for the glory days of our ancestors as if that is all we ever had or ever will have. But I tell you that right here, right now, is all we have and will ever have, here in this country in this space, and in this time. Nothing else! The past is gone, yet it resides within us, and the future is yet to come, but it also resides within us. So with what we have right now, which is the past, the present and the future within, we should be able to create a future similar to our once glorious past!
But in order to get there, we need to come to a realization, one that will piss a lot of you off and others will accept wholeheartedly, and have no problem with.
And that realization is the cold hard fact that the descendants of slaves, with African blood flowing through their veins, that we call African Americans, are Not Africans! Neither are we truly Americans!
We are an amalgamation of these things, these nationalism’s, these concepts, and these ideologies, and because these ideologies are viewed as opposing ideologies, our programming tells us that we need to embrace one or the other, not both. This programming is taught to us by our parents as children, “right vs wrong”, “good vs evil”, “if you’re not with me you’re against me”, and re-enforced in church as the “you can’t straddle the fence” sermon. We’ve always been taught that you have to pick a side, and if we don’t, we’re the one in the wrong, there is no neutral position in life. But this is wrong when it comes down to the African/American debate! I chose to use the examples above to show how the thought process is indoctrinated into our psyches as young African American children, not to debate good and evil or right and wrong!
This is why when we’re confronted with two seemingly opposing ideologies we quickly pick sides. Our programming says its either one or the other, and you will always pick the side of your highest understanding, the one that instills pride in you, which is actually the one that makes you feel the best about your Self. Therefore when one has to choose between African/Black, and American/White we choose to identify with the African/Black first. Those that don’t choose Black first have been considered to be the sellouts and coons back in the day therefore the “real Black man or woman is the one that embraces Africa over America! These so called conscious Black people lay claim that there’s no middle ground even if your mother was white and your father was Black, you must self identify as Black, ask any biracial American. But what they don’t seem to understand is that that very understanding is what the white man, or massa had during slavery, the one drop rule! And if you choose your white side, you’re considered a sellout, a coon, and a host of other derogatory names that seeks to take away your Blackness. And even if you don’t identify as white, or if you have two Black parents but don’t identify with being African, you’re put in the same category, because you have to pick a side, and if you’re not on their side then you’re against them, simply because you’re not with them.
So here we are in 2015 claiming to be conscious Black men but that conscious thought is built directly off the slave traders understanding of who we were to be in this country. The slaves were never meant to be Americans, and generations down the line we are too far removed from our African ancestors, that we are not Africans either, we are an amalgamation of the two. We are now a new people, a people manifested from the remnants of a great race that saw itself decline to the point of colonization and slavery to finally be back in control of our own destiny once again!
Malachi Z York called us NuWabians, some say we are the Moors, Hebrew Israelites, Egyptians, but I say we are all and we are none, therefore we must create a new understanding, a new people.
You can call yourself and African, an African American, or just a plain ole American, that’s up to you, but I will from this day forward, address myself and those in this diaspora in the US, as Afrimerican!
Afrimerican: A people forged from the lowest point of mans existence as slaves, that fought to be free, earned that freedom and began to build. We have fought those that oppose us for over 400 years and we have made great strides. Our birthing pains have been great and there are still more to come. But we must understand and incorporate into our thinking that those that fight against and resist change will always end up on loser’s side of history, it’s inevitable. Therefore we will always be victorious in our quest to change the things that ail our people, it just takes time!